Our Relationship with McDonald’s
How our founding mission partner & local restaurants support families
RMHC Bay Area is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation.
The support of our local community allows us to provide more than $16 million-worth of services annually to more than 8,000 caregivers and children seeking lifesaving care at our region’s leading children’s hospitals.
Today, we are stronger than ever due in large part to the support of our local McDonald’s community, customers and service partners. Their support extends from monetary contributions to volunteerism; from board participation to media donations and has helped us impact thousands of lives by giving children support, stability and the best medicine of all – their families.
Together, owners, customers, suppliers and employees of the Greater Bay Area McDonald's Cooperative throughout the 15-county Bay Area and Central Coast region provide invaluable support in the following ways:
- Fry Assessment: One cent from every pound of fries sold at local McDonald's restaurants benefits RMHC Bay Area, totaling more than $200,000 annually.
- Shamrock Shake: Released each spring, twenty-five cents from every small Shamrock Shake sold at local McDonald's restaurants benefits RMHC Bay Area.
- Eggnog Shake: Released each winter, twenty-five cents from every small Egg Nog Shake sold at local McDonald's restaurants benefits RMHC Bay Area.
- McDonald's National Fundraiser: Each November, McDonald's restaurants encourage customers to contribute their change to RMHC Donation boxes through crew managers, members and in-store promotion materials.
- Giving at McDonald’s – Round Up & Donation Boxes: Every time someone visits a McDonald’s restaurant, customers can help support families at RMHC Bay Area by choosing to Round-Up for RMHC when they place an order on the kiosk or ask a crew member to Round-Up the total at the counter or drive-thru. Customers may also drop spare change in any of the RMHC Donation Boxes in restaurants or drive thru.
Follow McDonald's of the Greater Bay Area on Twitter @McD_BayArea for up-to-date information, announcements and more.