About Ronald McDonald House Charities Bay Area
Innovators in Family-Centered Care
For 40 years, RMHC Bay Area has been partnering with our region’s children’s health care providers to keep families together and near the medical care their ill or injured children need, when they need it most.
Over the years — and only because of the generosity of donors who have supported our cause — we have evolved. We continue to develop programs to meet families’ needs as they face the medical uncertainty and financial stress of caring for their children.
Today, RMHC Bay Area serves critically ill children through a network of Ronald McDonald House Charity programs that provide housing, meals and psychosocial support inside or nearby Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in San Francisco and Oakland. Our Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles provide free dental care services to children in the East and South Bay in partnership with John Muir Community Health Alliance and Santa Clara Valley Medical Center.
Mission & Vision
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities Bay Area is to be there for sick kids and their families, providing comfort and support when and where they need it most. Our vision is a world where every sick child has the care they need, surrounded by family and a community they can count on.
- Families: We hold families at the heart of our mission and all our decisions.
- Relationships: We nurture relationships and create communities—between families, each other and with the volunteers, donors and partners who make our work possible.
- Excellence: We support each other in achieving excellence by being innovative, financially healthy, accountable for results, solutions-oriented, and continuously improving.
- Purpose: We find purpose in all that we—and those around us—do in support of families. Our work matters.
- Diversity: We embrace diversity, welcoming all people, listening to all perspectives and creating a sense of belonging for the families we serve and the staff, volunteers, donors and partners who support them.
- Integrity: We commit to integrity by modeling fair, honest, responsible and respectful behavior.