Cook a Meal for Families
Give Back With Your Team
Important COVID-19 Update
Beginning July 1, 2022, we will begin accepting a limited number of in-person megaBITES meal groups at our 123-bedroom Ronald McDonald House at Stanford. Teams of 6-8 make a $1,200 donation and book a date. Then, our RMHC team creates a healthy, comforting menu; procures all the ingredients for your meal group; and guides your team through a rewarding, fun meal service. Note, to protect the medically fragile children in our care, all volunteers must provide proof of vaccination and current contact information, complete a health and background check upon arrival, and wear a mask at all times.
Click the button below to book a megaBITES lunch group, which is offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Lunch group volunteering shifts are 9:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Cook Dinner (Our Greatest Need)
Click the button below to book a megaBITES dinner group, which is offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Dinner group volunteering shifts are 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
How does it work?
- Choose a group of up to eight colleagues, friends or family members to participate.
- Reserve a megaBITES meal date; lunch and dinner options are available, Tuesday through Thursday, at Ronald McDonald House at Stanford.
- Donate $1,200 to cover meal costs.
- Our staff creates a nutritious and delicious menu, does the shopping, and guides your group through meal preparation, service, and clean-up.
- Your team will fund, prepare, and serve 150 hot, nutritious meals for Ronald McDonald House families so they have one less thing to worry about during long days at the hospital
Know Before You Go
To protect the medically fragile children in our care, all meal volunteers must provide proof of vaccination and current contact information; complete a health and background check upon arrival; and wear a mask at all times.
- Bring a valid, government-issued ID
- Complete our pre-screening form, submitting your proof of vaccination and contact information
- Participants must be free of contagious diseases, including cold and flu symptoms. All participants will undergo a health screen at check-in.
- Nearby parking is limited; consider carpooling
- Health and safety guidelines require participants to be 16 years of age or older
- Group photos are encouraged, but please refrain from taking photos of families
- Drinking alcoholic beverages and smoking during volunteer activities are prohibited
Have a large group?
If you’d like to organize a larger group activity, please contact Mallory Mroz, manager of community and corporate engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for other ways you can help feed families?
Learn more about how you can get involved in partnering with us to feed sick kids and their families, providing comfort and support when and where they need it most. Click the button below.