Ronald McDonald House® at Stanford and Ronald McDonald House of San Francisco
RMHC of the Bay Area is an annual contributor to its cornerstone programs, the Ronald McDonald Houses at Stanford and the Ronald McDonald House in San Francisco. The Ronald McDonald Houses provide a "home away from home" for families of seriously ill children who are receiving treatment at nearby hospitals.
In the Bay Area, the two Ronald McDonald Houses served a combined total of 1,259 families in 2015. Globally, 362 Ronald McDonald Houses and other RMHC programs, serve more than 7.1 million children and families, supported by a network of 390,000 volunteers.
The Ronald McDonald Houses in the Bay Area provided a total of 23,088 nights of lodging to families in 2015 and also served a lot more families through their signature programs & in-hospital services such as Happy Wheels and Child's Bedside programs:
- Happy Wheels and Child's Bedside Program served 38,036 individuals in 2015.
- Stanford served 706 additional families through the day use program in 2015.
- San Francisco served 1,646 additional family members through their parent support events.
Ronald McDonald House at Stanford is operating 67 bedrooms and it is getting ready to operate a total of 123 rooms in 2017.
Ronald McDonald House of San Francisco operates two houses.
- Scott Street House: 10 bedrooms
- Mission Bay House: 11 bedrooms